Mayor Hancock hosts PJ Party to help end homelessness | Community Spirit
A Denver tradition continues TODAY, February 9, 2012, as Mayor Michael B. Hancock dons his pajamas to help fight homelessness in the Mile High City.
The Mayor and hundreds of generous sponsors, business and community leaders will celebrate the successes of Denver’s Road Home and look forward to the future of helping even more people build self sufficient lives.
Where & When:
- TODAY, February 9, 2012, 5:30 p.m.- 10:00 p.m.
- Residence Inn Denver City Center, 1725 Champa St., Denver
- Tickets & suites still available at www.PJDAY.org
- PJ Day serves as a reminder to all of us that not everyone has a place to put on their pajamas and sleep at night.
- The money raised goes directly to fueling solutions to end homelessness in our community as we work to move people off the streets and into housing.
- PJ Day and the PJ Party have raised more than $2 million since their inception.
- Get involved in PJ Day by attending the party, wearing your pajamas, eating at participating restaurants donating a portion of their proceeds and much more.
- Check out www.PJDAY.org for details and information.
Lisha Burnett, Suncor Energy- A proud Cashmere sponsor of PJ Day
"Suncor Energy's community investment philosophy is focused on how we, as a company, can help the community see the possibilities--the possibilities of a strong and sustainable community for all. Suncor Energy values the partnership we have with the Mile High United Way and Denver's Road Home. We feel privileged to have been one of the first corporate partners to come to the table to support this important work on homelessness. We invite the community to take part in the fun of PJ Day and the PJ Party as we work together to support the vital work of Denver’s Road Home."
- Cashmere Level- Suncor Energy, PCL Construction, Pepsi Cola Bottling Company, Gates Corporation, Residence Inn Denver City Center.
- Pinstripe Level- 5280- Denver’s Magazine, US Bank, BKD, LLP, Encana, VISIT DENVER, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Southwest Airlines, Greenburg Traurig, LLP, DaVita, Brownstein, Hyatt, Farber and Schreck, Denver Business Journal, Downtown Denver Partnership, Downtown Denver Business Improvement District, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation.
- See full list of sponsors.
# # #
ABOUT PJ DAY
PJ Day began seven years ago, when Denver’s Road Home partnered with the Residence Inn Denver City Center to host the first PJ Party. The money raised goes directly toward fueling solutions to end homelessness in Denver. As we work to move people off the streets and into housing donations support building affordable housing and providing shelter, case management, outreach services, medical, mental health and substance abuse treatment, job training, and eviction assistance to the homeless. On any given night, there are more than 4,000 men, women, children, veterans, seniors and families who are homeless in Denver County alone. Together with Mile High United Way, the City and County of Denver, multiple community partners and volunteers, we can make sure every homeless man, woman and child has a place to put on their pajamas and sleep at night. To learn more, visit www.PJDay.org.
Upcoming Events near Washington Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Suspect in SE Denver church burglary arrested
- Denver Parks & Rec considering total ban on alcohol in Wash Park
- Wash Park residents on alert for men posing as security workers
- Reward offered for info on Obama swastika graffiti incidents near DU
- Homes, churches targeted for burglary in quiet Denver neighborhood