Public invited to opening of new Denver Police crime lab | Crime
On Tuesday, June 5th, 2012, at 11:00 a.m. the Denver Police Department and Denver Crime Lab are inviting the public to attend the Ribbon Cutting event celebrating the completion of the new Denver Crime Laboratory.
The Ribbon Cutting is scheduled to take place at the Denver Police Crime Lab, located at 1371 Cherokee Street. This new facility was funded through the Better Denver Bond Program. The construction of the $36 million bond-funded facility began March 2011.
The new 60,000 square foot facility will be significantly larger than the existing 14,000 square foot facility currently housed in the Denver Police Administration Building.
The Denver Crime Laboratory will provide new, state of the art criminal investigation facilities to enhance Denver Police operations in bringing resolution to crimes.
Additionally, the interior was designed using a modular approach which will allow for flexibility as the labs needs evolve in the future.
The new facility will enable the Denver Crime Laboratory Bureau to consolidate its units under one roof and provides capacity for on-site vehicle examinations, which are currently being conducted at external District Police offices.
The facility will connect to the Denver Police Administration complex. The secure connection from the lab to the Denver Evidence Bureau will ensure maximum protection of forensic evidence. Last year, Denver’s Crime Lab handled more than 10,000 cases.
Top Washington Park Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- PHOTOS: Denver PrideFest 2013 draws thousands to Civic Center Park
- Denver deputies disciplined for what resident caught them doing in park
- Denver Zoo gets new elephant in effort to support endangered species
- Denver D.A. considers death penalty in murders of 5 people at bar
- Denver’s weed police on patrol
- Second boat accident in 2 days hospitalizes two people
- Safeway 5th Annual Media Bagging Challenge Competition Kicks Off Fundraising Campaign
- Old pipes made young again
- One-of-a-kind boutique opens March 24 in Cherry Creek North
- Denver announces the winners of the “I Heart My Purple Recycling Cart” photo contest