Real-life 'Weekend at Bernie's | News
DENVER -- One of two men accused of taking a dead friend out for a night of drinking, dining and strippers failed to show up for a preliminary hearing in Denver on Tuesday.
According to Denver District Attorney’s Office spokeswoman Lynn Kimbrough, Mark Rubinson, 25, was due in court Tuesday morning on charges of abusing a corpse, identity theft and criminal impersonation.
On Aug. 27, investigators say Rubinson and Robert Young, 43, went for a night on the town in metro Denver with their friend, 43-year-old Jeffery Jarrett, dead in the backseat of their car.
They allegedly used Jarrett’s credit and debit cards to purchase drinks, food and to tip strippers at Shotgun Willie’s, a “gentlemen’s club” on Colorado Blvd. in Glendale.
Rubinson also faces prosecution in Boulder County where, in late September, he was arrested for driving under the influence after witnesses reported him driving erratically on South Boulder Rd. in Lafayette.
Upcoming Events near Washington Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Wash Park residents on alert for men posing as security workers
- Reward offered for info on Obama swastika graffiti incidents near DU
- Homes, churches targeted for burglary in quiet Denver neighborhood
- University of Denver warns about date-rape drugs after 3 assaults
- Police look for suspect in attack on female jogger in Denver